The Parent Resource Centre is all about you, parents and carers, who are dedicated to learning, sharing and supporting each other in our parenting adventures, so now it’s your turn.
That means we’re looking for your contributions and involvement. Everything you tell us will help to make this a true hub of collaboration, support and useful information for parents around the world.
Take a look at some of the ways you can be heard and get involved in our community:
- #MyParentingStory is where you, wonderful parents and carers from around the world, can tell us about your experience of parenting – so that we can marvel at the differences and sympathize with the similarities of people’s parenting journeys across countries and cultures. We’d love you to tell us about parenting in your family!
- If you’re like most of us, there are a few things you just don’t do – maybe can’t do! I don’t do lawns, for example. But my determination to raise strong, capable children has had me teaching myself, with much grumbling and subvocal swearing, to do things I never expected: changing washers and tyres, accumulating quick lunchbox recipes and learning how to grow a kitchen garden, amongst them. Along the way I’ve discovered or been told some wonderful tips, tricks and hacks to make my everyday parenting journey a little easier. And now I want to know yours!
- If you can tell us how to check the oil of a car, what to do when our pet gets fleas, ten quick and easy birthday party foods or any other great DIY information that busy parents might appreciate, Let’s Get Practical is the place for you. We can’t wait to hear about your hacks and tips!
- Join our private Facebook Group, Parents in the Know, to discover the latest research and information on important parenting topics, and to find a great, likeminded and respectful group of parents just like you!
- Want to submit a Let’s Get Practical recipe, how-to guide or tip? Want to tell us your #MyParentingStory? Got a question, comment, article idea or request? Then please Contact Us and let us know!
- Would you like to be a part of the solution? We love receiving contributions from parents, who are willing to share their own stories and experiences. We also welcome professionals who are willing to share knowledge and enable parents to make the best informed decisions in all aspects of parenting. So find out more about how you can Contribute.
And one more thing…
Your voices are unique and worthy. And we have readers all over the world. That means that the way you speak and think about life as a parent is an integral part of who you are. If you call yourself ‘Mom’ instead of ‘Mum,’ or your child goes to elementary school instead of primary school, or you brush your teeth before breakfast of after, then that’s just fine by us. Our policy is to focus on the information and the message, not the means of communication. You’ll find articles here with US spelling, UK spelling and terminology from various countries, but above all else, you’ll find stories and advice about parenting that transcends languages. Raising children is a truly global activity and we all do it a little differently. Here, we celebrate those differences!
Want to stay informed and find out about what’s new for parents?
We offer an information-packed Informed Parents Newsletter, which will come to your email address every Friday with news, resources, tips, contests and other content for Informed Parents.